Our Partnership with Isle of Wight Council Short Breaks Programme continues…
Posted in News
In partnership with the team at Short Breaks
We have joined up with the team at Short Breaks, Isle of Wight to provide 2 fun packed days for kids themed around Easter and Halloween at East Dene. Make an Easter Bonnet or Carve a Pumpkin, Climb a Tree or Cook on a Campfire.
Our family midsummer camping experience is back. We did it last year, loved it! and we can’t wait for another night under the stars in 2017.
Watch this space, keep an eye on facebook for more details of how you can get involved and book your place.
Keep a look out for the new Short Breaks brochure due out in the Spring of 2017.
What is Short Breaks?
These are fun or educational activities for children and young people with disabilities and additional needs.
Benefits for the young person-
- To take part in activities
- Develop feelings of independence and gain more confidence
- Spend time with friends and make new ones
- Achieve personal goals and learn new skills
Benefits for the parent-
- Reduce feelings of stress and allow “you” time
- Spend time with your other children or together as a family
- Meet and get to know other families who share similar experiences
- Feel confident your child is having fun with skilled carers who understand their needs
To access Short Breaks you will need to apply for a Gateway Card PLUS.
Click here for more info and application form.